Imagine you are in a good mood and you want to have a good time playing CS GO with friends. But as soon as you hit the ‘Go’ button a window pop up saying ‘VAC was unable to verify your game session’ and CSGO matchmaking is failed due to this. Yes, it’s pretty annoying for all the gamers because it won’t let you start the game if you don’t fix it.
This generally happens when someone changes the file configuration to gain an unfair advantage over others. This could be the cheats or hacks when someone uses it. If you didn’t change any files of the game then it simply means that the game’s file(s) got corrupted due to external reasons.
I have 5 ways to counter this problem and fix it within minutes. Let’s take it one by one.
#1 Verify Integrity Of Game Files
It is the easiest way to overcome the VAC issue in the game. If the game is on then quit it. Now follow these below steps:
- Open Steam Client.
- Go to the Library of your Steam and navigate to Counter-Strike Global Offensive.
- Right Click on the game -> Properties (A window will pop up of the properties of the game)
- Go to local files (third option of the properties).
- Click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Once validation and download of files are completed. Quit steam and relaunch it to check if it worked for you or not.
Note:- It will take time to validate all the files of your CSGO. Once done the Steam will automatically start downloading the corrupted files again.
#2 Change Your Steam Account Name
If verifying of the files doesn’t work then you have to change your steam account name. For this follow the steps below:
- Go to the Steam.
- Hover over to your name and then click on the profile.
- Click on the Edit Profile.
- Then simply change your account name to whatever you like. Save changes.
- After the name change is done then quit Steam and relaunch the CSGO to check if it fixes your problem.
Note:- If this fixes your problem then you can change your name back to your old one. If it doesn’t then don’t change your name back to your old one instead follow the third step.
#3 Deleting the Temporary Files on your Computer
This step is only done if the above steps don’t fix your problem.
- Quit the Steam client.
- Go to the Start Bar of your computer and search ‘Run’.
- Once the Run window pops up. Search “%temp%”.
- Delete the files present in the Temp folder.
- Now go to Steam’s Settings window.
- Go to the Download section under Steam’s settings and Click on ‘Clear Download Cache’.
- Relaunch the steam and CSGO to check if it fixes your problem.
Note:- If all the temp files are not deleted then just skip the files and follow the next steps.
#4 Making Steam Compatible to Windows
Sometimes it is the compatibility of the windows that may change the files of the game. So to correct it follow the steps below:
- Quit the Steam client.
- Right-click on Steam and Go to Properties.
- Click on Compatibility.
- Check the boxes of ‘Run this program in compatibility troubleshooter’ and ‘Run this program in compatibility as an administrator’ and Apply changes.
- A Dialogue box will appear showing the Steam Error.
- Press continue to Steam and launch the game to check if it fixes your problem.
Note:- If this step doesn’t work then I recommend you change the settings of compatibility again to the previous ones.
#5 Resolving the DirectX problem
If the above solutions didn’t solve the VAC was unable to verify your game session problem. Then maybe it’s the Direct X problem that the CSGO might be facing. For this, you have to download Direct X from the Microsoft website. you can also try downloading Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual Studios.
Links to all the 3 software are below:
These above solutions nearly work all the time because sometimes because of the windows update. The game files may get changed or you may accidentally delete one of the files of the CSGO. This lead to the validation problem in the steam game files. It can be easily resolved but if the problem still persists after performing all the above steps then I recommend you should reinstall Steam and CSGO. It will definitely solve your problem. Mind you this solution only works if you are not using any kind of external cheats in the game.